Questions:
Evaluate use of decision points according to Sids requirements for a game choice.
Discuss the meaningful outcome of choices on the story.
Discuss the way in which the choices are displayed.
Other notes:
Quite a long introduction in an animated cutscene
Tutorial with text box UI popping up.
Introducing game mechanics.
Picture icons showing choices (fist=attack,broken shield=break down enemies defense)
I like how this lets you move at your own pace to make informed decisions.The only thing that has urgency is missing information in a cutscene.
The first choice was three dialogue answers to choice from,all spoken with different attitudes.
locations to choose had highlighted lineart when moused over.
not sure how intimidating effected Hadd's actions and future actions
stylized runic writing to describe locations.
some choices seem to give different ideas of who ubin is to others and how they think about him directly after a choice,but im unsure if that is a short term effect or long term.
I'm wondering if certain characters can die and effect the story or some cant die and cause you to start again.
One of my characters died.
I had the option to talk to two seperate people but im unsure if that meant anything as I wenty to the other after,maybe its different depending on the order.
sometimes theres only one choice but one may have been taken away if I did something differently.
A travel sequence showing the party moving location.
Sounds indicate an upcoming battle,readying the player.
the tutorial lead my player into death while it was teaching me,that intergrated teaching and progressed the story .
I might have been supposed to lose the fight for the story.
Vognir died permanently,not sure if he had to.
A separate story seems to have started after the other party lost.
difficulty doesnt affect story.
not sure how losing affects story or if you were supposed to lose.
not sure if the first story was supposed to end there.
the choice of strength or breaking armour is difficult as they are almost equally important.
some options seem like they waste time and im not sure if this matters.
seems the characters you were playing as didn't die and the story just switched to other characters.
None of the main characters seem to have permanently died yet,so I don't quite know the consequences.
Other Notes.
Some seemed trivial eg "Does my green shirt look nice?" (By the way it does) and some seemed to effect the story or how the characters thought of you.I had a feeling the objective decisions may link back into the same next node in the story but I would have to play multiple times to figure it out.
When there was only one choice I felt like the other choices may be unavailable now due to previous decisions.Maybe I annoyed a character or they died and I no longer had that available.But to figure that out I would have to make different options while playing again.
There was no time limit on decisions which I think took away the urgency that the cutscenes had that you couldnt pause or rewind.But on the other hand it fit in the the gameplay choices as they had no urgency to allow for informed decisions.
No comments:
Post a Comment